Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages (PACMPL) is a Gold
Open Access journal publishing research papers selected for
presentation at major SIGPLAN conferences. Each issue of the journal
is devoted to a particular subject area within programming languages
and will be announced through publicized Calls for
Papers. All accepted
papers receive two rounds of reviewing and authors can expect initial
decisions regarding submissions in under 3 months. PACMPL is
committed to making high-quality peer-reviewed scientific research in
programming languages free of restrictions on both access and use.
- Full Title: Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages
- Abbreviated Title: Proc. ACM Program. Lang.
- Acronym: PACMPL
- Publisher: ACM (electronic format via ACM Digital Library, no print format)
- e-ISSN: 2475-1421
- Annual Issues: POPL (January), OOPSLA1 (April), ICFP (August), OOPSLA2 (October)
The Procedures of PACMPL describes how the journal operates.
The role of the advisory board is to guide and support the work of the
editorial board and to provide institutional memory. The advisory
board will consist of the following members:
- Chair of SIGPLAN
- Vice-Chair of SIGPLAN
- Past Chair of SIGPLAN
- One representative from each of the participating conferences' Steering Committees
- One member-at-large appointed by the ACM Publications Board
The SIGPLAN representatives serve for the same amount of time as their
roles in SIGPLAN: three years. The representatives of the conferences
Steering Committees and members-at-large will also serve for three
The role of the Editorial Board is to run the day-to-day operations of
the journal. The editorial board will consist of (where N is the
number of participating conferences):
- Editor-in-Chief: responsible for making sure the Journal information
is always up-to-date, for coordination of the Editorial Board, for
ensuring that the conferences conform to the editorial policies of
the PACM series, and for planning longer-term editorial
strategies. The Editor-in-Chief works directly with all the editors
and advisors for proper operation of the journal, but does not play
a direct role in paper selection. The Editor-in-Chief is appointed
by the PACM Steering Committee in consultation with the
journal's Advisory Board.
- N Associate Editors: current Program Committee Chairs, responsible
for paper reviews and selection. The Associate Editors (aka Program
Chairs) will continue to be selected by the conferences'
- N Senior Editors: Associate Editors of the previous year,
responsible for supporting the current Associate Editors
- N Assistant Editors: Program Committee Chairs of the following
year, responsible for assisting the Associate Editors.
The Editor-in-Chief serves for a period of three years. All others
have a tenure of one year in their roles. Roll-off dates from one role
to another are the last days of the conferences.